Sunday, June 8, 2008

We're Here!


Today we flew to Ireland.  The plane was fun, but it was looooong!  We packed tons of stuff for the plane, but I didn't use anything other than my drawing pad.  I used only me drawing pad because there was a small screen in front of me that was like a min-computer.  You could choose movies that you wanted to watch (I watched "Spiderwick").  You could also watch TV shows.  There were games as well (I played "Animal Factory").  I didn't do any knitting, because I don't know how to knit.  Finally - we landed.  In Dublin, we rented a car.  This is a picture of us in the car rental parking lot.   We drove for about 2.5 hours to get to Limerick (I slept most of the way).  Then we went to King John's castle.  This is the same King John as in the Robin Hood stories - he lived in Ireland for a few years.  It was really neat!  However, you could not go all the way upstairs to the very very top, which was a bit of a bummer.  At 8:00 I went to bed and slept for 14 whole hours!  All in all, a pretty good first day.

No comments: